WATER SOFTENERS LIFE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of buying a second hand water softener. I have seen one advertised which is 4 years old. Can anyone tell me of any issues regarding a second hand unit. For example do they wear out after time etc. THANKS

Sponsored Links
The problem with a second hand unit is that you know nothing about its history or even if its working!

Some are taken out at that age because they are not working properly.

A properly maintained unit should work for 8-10 years but many of the cheap ones fail well before that!

Take great care!

Tony

in other words if you want quality you are going to have to pay for it.

why do you suppose the seller is selling it?

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
in other words if you want quality you are going to have to pay for it.

why do you suppose the seller is selling it?

I live in a quality second hand house, drive a quality second hand car and have MANY quality second hand items, BUT I haven't paid through the nose for them. I am a retailer and know the profit margins on new products. Second hand does NOT mean inferior quality !

I don't know WHY the seller is selling, when I do, I'll let you know.

Your reply, although of no help, made me smile. So thank you, at least, for that Breezer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back