What type of fittings to extend water pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, with almost no plumbing knowledge, except what I have been reading lately, due to major kithchen alterations I am doing, I would like to know what type of fittings to use to extend
1/ the cold water feed for a diswasher
2/ both hot and cold water feeds for a mixer tap on new sink.

Presently, the cold water dishwasher feed has a valve which can be opened or closed, attached to the end of the pipe (15/16mm), and I need to extend this about another meter or so round an internal corner.

The hot and cold water feeds come off at 90 degrees vertically with inline valves and flexible tap connectors, and these need to be moved/repositioned some 12 inches further away than wher they are now.

I am at a loss as to what use or how to do these 2 jobs due to the varieties of fittings and pipes.

I hope the above is clear, and doesn't sound too complicated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
your dishwasher valve will have a 15mm compression nut and olive on the copper pipe.......undo this and use a 15mm compression coupling to extend the pipe .............use copper pipe and another 15mm comp. elbow for the corner....then the original valve body and spare nut/olive to fit valve on end of pipe ..........once you understand this you can do similar with pipes to sink taps by dismantling and swapping around compression fittings ;)

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry for the stupid question, but I take it I should shut off the water supply before I remove the dishwasher valve.

Sponsored Links
oh ,yes ...shut off first and release pressure @ nearby tap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back