Gas experience

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I'm a 28yo based in Leeds looking to gain experience in gas with a heating engineer in West Yorkshire. My aim is to gain the relevany qualifications to become CORGI registered.

I have 3 years plumbing experience and would quite happily work for free one day a week. If you could help (or knows someone who could) please let me know.

Many thanks,

Mark

please put your email address in your profile, some one is trying to contact you

Sponsored Links
Be aware that anyone who is CORGI registered in your local area may see you as going to undercut his prices and steal his customers when you get qualified!

Tony

what's your previous experience, do you smoke, have you any referees, can you **** through the eye of a needle, will you travel to Scarborough one day a week.

Agile said:
Be aware that anyone who is CORGI registered in your local area may see you as going to undercut his prices and steal his customers when you get qualified!

Tony

Agreed this is one major disadvantage when entering a new trade at your age. Employers, especially self employed engineers, know your only in it for the money.

Sponsored Links
yeah i suppose 200k a year aint that great. :cry:

Watertight I can't contact you from your profile, shame this forum doesn't have a feature to pass on messages.
oh sevn sevn for ait for ait one twee one one if you want to talk about it.

i had a boyo offer me 250 notes a week to do his portfolio :eek: :eek:

Then found out he has spent 10k on a plumbing course.

Then I thought PLUM

as it aint my CORGI I had to decline his generous offer

Bugger :(

Paul,

Thanks for your reply, I take it you are in Scarborough?

Do you work mainly around that area or in a number of different areas?

I'm able to travel but other commitments limit just how far I can go.

Mark

Thursday I'm helping someoine that I trained from Malton to do a job in outskirts of York, think it's Haxby.

Friday I'm fitting an lpg boiler in Port Mulgrave, north of Whitby.

Most of the work is Scarborough based.

I can be flexible about the particular day and arrival and departure times. On days when you have to do the school run you're snookered. I've been there. In the end, probably sadly, as the business becomes enormously busy (note, I didn't say profitable) it becomes impossible to share in children ferrying mostly, another way has to be found. There is always a way.

I believe in sharing skills, lifting one another's level, even amongst local competition. One local guy has me cover him while he's on holliday because he knows I won't steel his customers, whereas his brother would!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back