Go on....have a guess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mate rang me tonight with his latest quoted figure for his central heating. BG had previously quoted £ 7000.00. Four bed detached house. New Baxi 105 condensing combi, 10 double convector rads and two chrome towel rails with all new shiny 22mm and 15mm pipe work. All existing stuff to be removed where practicable. Yeah I know these "how much" questions are a bit tricky without seeing the job, but I would imagine that most of the experienced guys on here would have a ball park figure. How much do you reckon?

Sponsored Links
heres mine......................

£5500 with a powerflush!

Depends where it is and how much the Hotel costs :rolleyes:

And ditch the Baxi 105e :LOL:

Sponsored Links
the patio :D

BTW - why did you call me star? (scaring me as that is the actual pronounciation of my name 'bee-star' :eek: )

C'mon guys. No powerflush needed, it's all gonna be brand spanky new. Another half hour and I'll tell.

solo said:
C'mon guys. No powerflush needed, it's all gonna be brand spanky new. Another half hour and I'll tell.

Rubbish, you have to flush the system, especially a new one with all the flux etc in the pipes.

doitall said:
solo said:

Rubbish, you have to flush the system, especially a new one with all the flux etc in the pipes.

Whats the matter with the old cold hot cold flush?

DIA...I agree the system needs to be flushed, but it doesn't have to be a powerflush. Anyhow, put you out of misery time.....£2900.00 or £ 3195.00 if he chose a WB boiler, but he didn't say what model. Apparently the guy isn't even Polish.

solo it can't even be guessed at from here mate....piped above or below floorboards?, myson or centrbrand rads? etc etc

solo said:
DIA...I agree the system needs to be flushed, but it doesn't have to be a powerflush. Anyhow, put you out of misery time.....£2900.00 or £ 3195.00 if he chose a WB boiler, but he didn't say what model. Apparently the guy isn't even Polish.

That would cover my hotel bill. :LOL: :LOL:

Still depends where it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back