Go on....have a guess

solo said:
DIA...I agree the system needs to be flushed, but it doesn't have to be a powerflush. Anyhow, put you out of misery time.....£2900.00 or £ 3195.00 if he chose a WB boiler, but he didn't say what model. Apparently the guy isn't even Polish.

BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow thats one cheap quote

a whole system for that

Jaysus us boys dont half sell ourselves cheap we really do

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
solo said:
DIA...I agree the system needs to be flushed, but it doesn't have to be a powerflush. Anyhow, put you out of misery time.....£2900.00 or £ 3195.00 if he chose a WB boiler, but he didn't say what model. Apparently the guy isn't even Polish.

b****y HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a whole system for that

Probable find its in Hartlepool :LOL:

doitall said:
corgiman said:
solo said:

b****y HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a whole system for that

Probable find its in Hartlepool :LOL:

Even so, what do they eat up there AIR???

Sponsored Links
A liitle bit north of Hartlepool. He was asking me if it was a good price. It b****y well is if he gets a decently installed working system with some kind of come back if things go wrong. Will just have to wait and see what happens. As an aside, I went to price up a job today. Remove existing boiler, cylinder and tanks. Install new combi to in a loft plus an additinal rad in the new conservatory. As I was chatting it was revealed that they'd already had a couple of quotes. One was for a new combi and six new rads. Cost £ 1995.00. I won't be wasting any time on that one.

solo said:
A liitle bit north of Hartlepool. He was asking me if it was a good price. It b****y well is if he gets a decently installed working system with some kind of come back if things go wrong. Will just have to wait and see what happens. As an aside, I went to price up a job today. Remove existing boiler, cylinder and tanks. Install new combi to in a loft plus an additinal rad in the new conservatory. As I was chatting it was revealed that they'd already had a couple of quotes. One was for a new combi and six new rads. Cost £ 1995.00. I won't be wasting any time on that one.

NO WAY

I despair

corgiman....I despair also. The only reason I went to look at that job today is because I was recommended by their neighbour whose boiler I installed 18 months ago. I don't go looking for heating jobs because I seem to get blown out of the water on price. When I see some of the most recent installs I get an idea of why. At least I can sleep night.

I understand there is a thriving trade in near-new combi boilers, often with stubs of copper pipe still fitted where they have been hacked off with a chainsaw.

Does the quoter have a CORGI card with his own photo and the littlr raised bits for the blind?

Don't know about a CORGI card. The guy apparently works for a property developer. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Its not clever to work for nothing. Theres plenty out there who will let you. (relatives mainly :rolleyes:) Many businesses have discounted themselves and each other into the ground. Its hard not to join in, but it does nobody any favours in the end, and the first casualty is quality.

Alfredo

When all is said and done why do such a cheap job for clients

are they going to get you back to do it again next year? No chances are the buggers will have BG or homeserve covering them so you wont even get the servicing

All you ridiculously cheap boyos out there are making a rod for your own back, how many boilers need to be changed once you have gone bankrupt doing them at your prices??

and to all you customers who only care about the bottom line, YOU will pay for it in the end so be warned

Ahhhh that was a lubberly rant I feel at one witht he universe now

mind you you can always wait for agile to do the job as he is as cheap as the poles and he does a proper job, ;) yeah right

"""""Don't know about a CORGI card. The guy apparently works for a property developer.""""

I think that says it all!

Its a bit like comparing the price for a boiler at a merchant with one from someone who has stolen it !!!

All these people operate from a first name and mobile number!!!!!!

Deal with crooks and you get NO guarantee and a Dumb job!

Tony

Tony....I've actually met this property developer. Was introduced to him and asked to quote for some works. I caught him in my merchants checking on the prices of materials I had quoted for. I told him where to go. I suppose it is all probably going to be totally iffy but what can you do with people who are motivated only by price. I've known this mate for over thirty years. He's just been handed a great big wedge due to the death of his mother. In addition to the BG quote, he has had one for £5000.00 which offered him a 3 year warranty but he appears to be going for the cheapest. To sum the guy up. He recently had a leak from his toilet cistern. I paid him a visit and offered to repair it. He decided to do it himself. Three weeks later I got a call. He'd returned from holiday to find his kitchen ceiling on the floor. Insurance company told him he had to get it repaired before they would carry out remedial works. His kitchen and dining room now look like a bomb site. Incidentally two more leaks from his handiwork were discovered by the appointed repairers which I got to repair. This is from a guy who actually has some plumbing experience. Although he is my oldest and bestest mate, you just can't help some people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back