SIME FRIENDLY 80E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI MY BOILER doesn't SEEM TO HAVE ANY PRESSURE COMING FROM IT. THE DOWNSTAIRS RADIATORS WORK FINE BUT UP STAIRS ONLY THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE THREE RADIATORS GETS HOT. THE PRESSURE GAUGE ON THE BOILER SITS ON ZERO. WHATS MY PROBLEM AND HOW DO I SOLVE IT.
CHEERS :D

Sponsored Links
Any further help on how to re-pressurise this boiler using a filling loop would be much appreciated.
Having paid someone to do it in the past, is it a straightforward task for a DIY novice? ;)

Sponsored Links
Ok, REALLY daft question; where is the FAQ?
I can only find FAQs relating to posting on the Forum.

Came back from holiday to find my boiler with 0 pressure. Hot water still works and when I try to repressurise the system some radiators become very warm (some don't) but the pressure will drop from 1 bar to 0 in less than an hour. There are no obvious leaks.

Before I went on holiday system was making strange noises which from reading other posts I think indicates air in the system.

To get the system repressurised and stay pressurised, do I need to bleed the radiators then do the repressurisation?

Cheers,

Neil

I've not had the pressure drop this low, but I'd suggest refilling, bleeding radiators, refilling, bleeding etc. over a period of time. Leave the heating on constantly to get the system working the water round.
This has solved some of my problems, though the pressure was not this low.
When you refill, fill to just above the shaded area. It will save you effort as the pressure is more or less certain to drop.
Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back