Surging noise when CH runs!

no I didn't say that :LOL:

Hold the old pump in the position it was originally and check the arrow on the body, the arrow on the new pump should be facing the same way.

If it sucks water out of the glass then its another problem.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Just one other thing that springs to mind.

After changing the pump recently I found that when the CH and HW were both running the automatic air vent was leaking water out of the top. It's an old braukman/honeywell type which allows you to turn the valve body off to access the top and clean out the crap. I refitted after and now it doesn't leak but this other problem of the sound of air rushing seems to have been more noticeable since.

Like I say i've bled the system now more times than I can remember but I still seem to be getting this problem.

Any more sensible suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Thats why your going to check the vent pipe isn't sucking as well. :rolleyes:

Have checked one thing, and that is the pump is definately round the right way as the arrow on the side is in the same direction as the original. :confused:
Now up to look at the F&E tank.

WHen you did whatever you did with the auto air vent, did you put the plastic cap/screw back tight? If so, go and undo it and leave it that way, or it can't let your air out. If it hisses that was part of your problem.

Thanks ChrisR

The auto air vent that I have is a EA122 blaukman/honeywell type that actually lets you turn the body of the auto air vent off so you can open the top up to service the inner parts if neccessary. This is what I done when it was leaking water out of the top. It now does'nt leak. The top of the unit is a red cap that has a small hole in it that I belive is supposed to do that job of letting trapped air out so you can have the cap screwed down tight, apparently.

Do you know this type of auto air vent? If so should I open the top up like you said?

I was wondering whether since opening the valve up to clean it I have caused another problem related to the valve itself :rolleyes:

I have just checked the F&E tank and tried putting the glass of water under the vent pipe when the pump was turned on.

To my surprise the pipe sucked up about half of the glass of water and then stopped there. When I removed the glass of water some of it drained back into the tank.

Is this process of having some water sucked back down the vent pipe normal or does this now suggest something else?

Any suggestions please?? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back