CH switching off after couple of minutes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies but posted this a few months ago and hoped problem would go away!

I replaced a radiator and thought I'd done a decent job when it and others heated up ok. Then noticed that ch switched off after a couple of minutes. Initially thought that hot water supply was fine and continuous. However, I have since observed and noticed that although the hot water runs fine everywhere it switches off and then restarts repeatedly. I've bled all the radiators.

Also watched pressure gauge when ch switched on. It initially drops (a bit) from 1 (or thereabouts) but then climbs to just over 2 (in about 2-3 minutes) when it switches off.

I thought problem had to be due to my replacing of radiator but wife phoned our usual plumber who said he thought it could be expansion

He advised getting Vaillant in. It's a TURBOmax VUW 242/282E.

Anyone any ideas if it is likely to be a part rather than air lock etc and if so how much it will cost. It was working perfectly before my DIY!

Sponsored Links
Bled the pump? Check air vent top right back is open.
Pressure vessel maybe needs top up - see faq.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back