Bi-Fold door to bathroom - how to lock ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Because of tight space, I've had a bi-fold door fitted to a bathroom, but I'm having trouble working out what kind of lock to fit that is secure. Just having a simple hook-type lock doesn't prevent the centre section of the door from being pushed in.

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
A bar which pivots at the centre of one part of the door and hooks at the middle of the next part. That would effectively turn your door into a single fixed one

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Hook and eye will do it, but not very elegantly.

Or a Sliding Door mortice lock with a hook (but very expensively)

Or an espagnollette bolt.

photo_03920_small.jpg

:idea: I'm wondering, although I haven't tried this, if this door pocket lock is workable :?:
121_1.jpg

A pocket door being an American sort of sliding door that retreats into a hollow wall?

Probably would, but may be intended to resist a "pull" force rather than the combination of lateral and end-pull that these bifold doors will have.

I've never thought they fasten satisfactorily, though I think the Espagnollete would do it, but a bit weird.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back