Is power flushing worth £200 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to change my old combi boiler for a new one , and have been quoted £200 to power flush the system .Is it worth it ?

Sponsored Links
You seem to not understand what power flushing is for!

Any installer worth his salt will give you a guarantee on his work! Part of that is that the system is clean. Not your problem but his if he is a professional installer!

What he aims to do is present you with a quote to leave you with the option to leave out power flushing. If you chose that then he will accept no responsibility!

Consider power flushing as ESSENTIAL !!!

Whats more important is that he gives a unequivocal guarantee on his installation. Many installers are so badly educated that they will not even understand that word ! Thats does not mean they are bad installers though!

Most experts would charge about £300 for power flushing on its own and give a guarantee! Some cowboys dont!

Have you checked his CORGI number?????

Tony

I agree with Agile and Kev those sort of comments are not helpful. Is that your pointless response or do you have some background to the comments. :confused:

Most manufacturers will not even consider warrenty claims if a system is not properly clensed and the Jetflush is one good way of doing that.

I also agree with the price of £300 although you didnt mention how many radiators you have.£200 is a good price!

Stan

Sponsored Links
my "pointless response" as you put it is that powerflushing is NOT essential it may be desirable on occasion but definatley not essential

and as for corgi please it's nothing to do with them :rolleyes:

Personally I forked out £900 for a Jetflush 4.

Those cheap things couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding.

I dont understand how you say its not essential Kev. Are you saying that just because a customers says I dont want that you would NOT flush a system for a new boiler or are you saying that some systems dont need flushing as they are clean as a wistle.

Stan

I have 7 radiators . Although the power flush is an "extra" , they are proposing to treat the system with a fernox protector, and fit an auto by-pass valve !

they are proposing to treat the system with a fernox protector, and fit an auto by-pass valve !
Hardly praiseworthy, those will be part of the manufacturer's installation instructions.
FWIW I'd connect the mains to the flow pipe and see what colour the water came back, from each rad. If the water comes back clear and/or smelling of inhibitor, I don't see any point using a powerflusher. In that case £200 is high, but if needs Pflushing then it's cheap. Perhaps the installer is giving a price which would on average, be enough.

topturner said:
Looking to change my old combi boiler for a new one , and have been quoted £200 to power flush the system .Is it worth it ?

Is the Pope Catholic?

Is it worth bothering to powerflush if you don't then go onto fit a Magnetic filter?

Is the Pope Catholic?

Totally agree with kev and ChrisR power flushing has taken off big style since BG started using it as a scare tactic . If a system was properly installed and ihibited or if it is a pressurised system such as a combi there should be very little debri in the system which is not difficult to remove with something such as ferro quest and standard hot and cold flushes. A lot of the time it is just used as a way of increasing profit.

Paul Barker said:
Is it worth bothering to powerflush if you don't then go onto fit a Magnetic filter?

Is the Pope Catholic?
No........he`s Roman Catholic..........the Arch Bishop of Canturbury is a member of "The Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church"and so are most Protestants ;) :cool:

namsag said:
Totally agree with kev and ChrisR power flushing has taken off big style since BG started using it as a scare tactic . If a system was properly installed and ihibited or if it is a pressurised system such as a combi there should be very little debri in the system which is not difficult to remove with something such as ferro quest and standard hot and cold flushes. A lot of the time it is just used as a way of increasing profit.

thank you ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back