Fitting downstairs cloakroom suite, what order??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,
My downstairs toilet cistern cracked last night, no huge problem, as we wanted to change it soon anyway (it' s the ugliest bog I've ever seen), but I'm unsure of the order I should go about things. Obviously we want to pull out the old suite (toilet and small sink), remove the terrible tiling and bodged boxing in of pipework, and then ideally, fit suite, box in pipework, have walls replastered, and put in laminate flooring.
The problem I see is if the boxing in needs doing before the plastering, which means fitting the suite does it not, then, it's going to be very difficult for the plasterer, as it's a small enough room anyway. I guess the laminate floor want putting in before the suite to allow a neat finish around the pan.
Any advice on the best way forwards much appreciated.
Just to make life a little more fun (especially when water was pouring everywhere at 11:30 last night, there's no isolation valve for the toilet water supply, but I can deal with that, just ratehr fed up wiring up the bog when I sjhould have been in bed last night :mad:

Sponsored Links
1. Remove old suite tiles etc and empty room

2. Ensure services are where you need them to be ie hot & cold water waste pipes etc, but only to where the pipes exit the wall or floor, don't extend beyond there at this stage.

3. Re-plaster whilst room is empty

4. Install suite and connect to services

5. Box in any exposed pipework

6. Decorate & lay flooring

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back