Plaster drying time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had 2 plasterers look at my room that i want skimmed and one said to wait 2 days and one said to wait 5 days before I apply the water-paint coat.

Anyone don it recently and have any comments.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
After having numerous walls plastered I would always recommend " as long as possible" which is easily 5 days ut depends on the natural room humidity,, if the plaster cant get rid of the water then its gonna take longer than if it can :eek: ( but never force the drying by using extra heating) you can see the plaster colour change from terracota to a dry magnolia colour. We did have painters in decorating in a new build house we had after only 2days plastering but they did use new plaster paint (wickes and dulux do such a paint) which allows the plaster to get rid of the moisture after painted... my choice is wait a week.

Or use Dulux Trade Fast Matt as it is a breathable flat matt emulsion that can be used over skimmed plaster after only 24 hours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back