Potterton Puma 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

wondered if you could give me some advice about my boiler,
i have lived here for 18 months and over the summer didnt really use the boiler much except for taps, recently while the boiler is just sitting there not doing much its very noisy whirring noise, once the boiler fires up its quiet again, i cant understand why.

if i turn the power off to the boiler i can hear the whirring noise slow down and finally stop like a fan, if i start using the boiler more will it go away or should i get it serviced and sorted out before i use it over winter.
many thanks

Oli

Sponsored Links
The fan runs continuously (slowly), on demand from heating or hot water the fan is run at full speed. The fan bearings are worn out - get it replaced soon before it finaly siezes up.

ok!!! thanks for the advice, i thought it was something bearing/fan related.
shall i just leave it on idle for now, so long as i dont use it alot it shouldnt do as much damage slow speed as if it was constantly on? i wont really use the heating side of it until it gets cold.
;)

thanks again
Oli

Sponsored Links
It runs on low speed to get rid of the products of combustion (exhaust gas to you) from the pilot flame

If you don't replace it now, you're going to end up with it failing when you need it, in a couple of months time

reconditioned ones are cheaper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back