Micron 60FF Reset Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am having aproblem with my Micron 60FF. I have just fired it up again for the first time since the early spring. Now it seems okay water hot rads warm etc. But when we get up in the morning the boiler has not lit and the reset light is on. If I turn it anticlockwise the back to the correct setting the boiler lights.
Can any one help?
BTW I ahve fitted a new PCBM last winter as this went belly up... By all accounts this boiler is pants!

Sponsored Links
Unfortunatley with intermitent faults they're quite hard to diagnose. The obvious thing to suggest would be the gas valve. Possibly sticking where its in the rest position all night, and hardly used all summer.

Either get a really good engineer experienced on Microns or except it may have to be a bit of guess work.

It normally means it has over heated i take it the pump is wired to the boiler pump over-run terminal On the pcb the reset and burner lights flash in different sequances denoting possible faults.

It normally means it has over heated i take it the pump is wired to the boiler pump over-run terminal On the pcb the reset and burner lights flash in different sequances denoting possible faults.

Sponsored Links

Thanks Gasgeezer, If it is an overheating problem what could be the possible cause? The boiler seems to work fine for an hour or so then seems to trip. Resetting fixes it for a while. I do not see any LED sequence other than the reset LED on, there is no flashing.

Check the pump is wired correctly and the water is ciculating round the system.When the boiler reaches temp the pump should run on if it does not the latent heat rise can lock out the boiler this is fairly common on the 30/50 which does not have a pump over-run.Another poss. is the o/heat stat could be faulty you need to get an engineer to check the flow/return diff to see whats happening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back