Baxi HE133 Plus a Good Choice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Looking for some general opinions on the above combi boiler to replace a baxi bemuda back boiler system which is ancient

We just moved onto our first house (3 months ago)and every choice we make seems massive :)............its now the turn of the boiler

Its a three bed semi (1930s) with one bathroom and eventually 1 shower (not sure what type yet) there are about 8 radiatiors altogether.......we are also considering underfloor heating when we get around doing the bathroom (4 m square of flooring)......possibly using a central heating based set up rather than electric

I have been recommended by a friend to get the above combi boiler as it does seem to have a high flow rate (biggest worry) and also a decent price for that high flow rate

However I have been reading that baxi are a terrible choice and instead to go for a valliant or a worcester bosch but then again Ive have searched this forum and other people say thay never had any issues with the baxis

Its all a bit of a difficult choice and if possible would like to get an up to date opinion on this combi?

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
I don't know about baxis being terrible, having said that there not very good, I would fit a worcester CDI if your budget stretchs.

Whats much more important is if a combi is a good choice compared with a conventional system. Have you bothered to measure the water supply flow rate???

Also the quality of the installation is more important than the make of boiler.

Tony

The baxi will certainly give you a heck of a water flow rate if your cold mains is up to the job :confused: I think they do 18ltr

I am certainly aware of issues around the heat engine such as burners dissintigrating along with inner combustion box seals.

Try to go with Worchester or Vaillant is my advice at the moment as they seem to be doing very well for me.

Stan

Sponsored Links
I saw a new Worcester tonight and the earth connection to the chassis was not fixed properly!

The screw had seized in the captive nut and the nut came out of the hole in the chassis.

The lazy fitter then left it like that without getting it sorted out !!!! There could be a safety issue there!

The adjacent HT lead had damaged insulation perhaps connected with that incident.

Worcester please call me on 07956 440480 to discuss sorting it out.

Tony

I would go for the Baxi Platinum as it has stainless steel heat exchanger and a 5 year warranty to go with it or alternatively the Potterton Gold which is the same boiler but slightly cheaper as it only has a 3 year warranty which is still more than most boiler manafacturers as they only give 1 year :LOL:

if you go for one that size make sure they put a big enough gas supply in as 22mm pipework isnt often big enough obviously depending on length of run etc :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back