Low System Pressure - what is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Potterton Puma 80 combi boiler has just started displaying this - so there's no central heating or hot water ;-( It was working fine for a couple of days (only fired up the central heating then), though one of the radiators never got warm (so based on a suggestion on this forum I turned off all the other radiators one day which fixed the problem).

Any ideas what this is? Is it low CH pressure, low DHW pressure? Gas Pressure?! (I don't have the manual for the Puma). Any easy fix? A friend of mine said there's some kind of valve I can adjust to 'reset' it?

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
It'll need filling up to 1 - 1.5 bar using the filling loop (usually under the boiler) diconnect after filling

Cheers guys, after I posted I found the FAQ which explains it nicely. Annoyingly though, my filling loop is behind the washing machine, what a pain! Just hope I don't have to top-up regularly.

Sponsored Links
The pressure sensor switch often sticks on these so when you fill up to raise the pressure the light stays on and the boiler still won't fire.
There's a way round it temporrarily but really it would need a new switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back