banging boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help i have a gloworm boiler(micron 40ff) when i turn it on after about half a hour there is a banging from the boiler i have replaced the fan and added some chemicals about 2 weeks a go. a plumber said i needed to replace a air pressure switch i just wonder may be it could be the answer

Sponsored Links
WHY did you replace the fan, is that relevant to the banging? WHAT chemicals , ditto. If the aps was faulty the boiler wouldn't work. It could be overheating for several reasons. Search the forum and do some of the checks you'll see mentioned.

i changed the fan because it stopped working i suppose it was not relevant i have tried to bleed the raditors and the is no air comming out the chemicals i put in where a inibhter 200 but it still bangs do you think i need to have the system drained or just a service on the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back