Pressure drop Ariston Genus 27RFFI boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have need to top up the boiler to 1.5 bar every 2 days . I have had the pressure relieve valve replaced and there is no water loss via the pipe going outside. This week I turned the system off and once the pipeworkhad gone cold I saw water dripping from under the boiler casing. I topped the pressure up to 1.5 bar and within a few minutes the water had dripped out and the pressure was at zero.
What is the likely cause and do I need an engineer to fix it

Sponsored Links
it will probably be the air vent inside the boiler

Unless you can fix it your self then I would suggest that you will need a CORGI engineer.

I went to one of these and found the primary heat exchanger leaking!

Tony

Thanks for your reponse. More work has been done and the boiler is still problematical. Latest suggestion is to replace the 5 year old Ariston Genus 27RFFI with a Worcester Bosch .
Any views on which company in the market seems to have the "best " products

Sponsored Links
My view is that you do not have a competent engineer if he cannot repair a five y.o. boiler.

Why not sack ( and dont pay ) your CORGI engineer and call the manufacturers for their service engineer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back