no hw but ch fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a baxi 105e and combi boiler for the past couple of years i can't get any h/w out of any of my taps. ch is fine. have changed the circuit board and checked the diverter valve, and safety switch for the thermostat, oh and i have changed the thermostat! can't really afford to get an engineer out so was wondering if anyone had any more ideas i could try myself.
thanks

Sponsored Links
murree1985 said:
for the past couple of years i can't get any h/w out of any of my taps

Really :?: or do you mean you put the heating on and that gives you hot water.

Have you checked the simplest item first - that the DHW pin is actually moving forwards to turn on the microswitch?.

had no hot water even when the heating is on, have checked this pin and it does hit microswitch when tap is turned on.

Sounds like it may be the hot water temp sensor/thermistor. Has this been changed recently? Does the boiler attempt to fire when you put the hot tap on?

Sponsored Links
with everything at standby what actually happens when hot tap opened?what components start dont start.

and you've lived 2 years with no hot water, are you serious?

have changed the circuit board and checked the diverter valve, and safety switch for the thermostat, oh and i have changed the thermostat! can't really afford to get an engineer out

Christ dont yea think it would have been cheaper to get some one out in the first place,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You sure the boiler isn't a 105E instant. This has a motorised diverter and is different to the 105E. On the 105E I would expect to get some hot water with the heating switched on even if the DHW microswitch did not operate.

Take off the DHW switch assembly and check if the pin has sufficient force to operate the microswitch. Also check operation by briefly operating the DHW swicth with a small screwdriver - see if the boiler fires up. If not suspect thermistor sensor problems.

well acutually its not my boiler its my friends parents. i know they should have got an engineer out in the 1st place! when the hot tap is turned on the boiler does fire up, the water will go luke warm after about 20 secs but then drops back to freezing cold. the boiler is not an instant just simple 105e.

I hope your not having the cheek to charge them for this boiler repair "service". It sounds likely its illegal since your not registered. If the boiler fires up then there and several other faults that could cause the problems.

Tell them to get a boiler engineer out to sort it and stop meddling.

How can you say that "you cannot afford an engineer" ?

Even if you are a spotty teenager then surely the girlfriends parents are established people owning their own house who CAN afford an engineer?

Making a fool of yourself by pretending that you are the all capable Mr Fixit is only going to embarass you! Its much better to behave like a real MAN and not get involved and tell them that that they need a qualified CORGI to fix it!

If it was Weymouth then I am down there this weekend!

Tony

Agile said:
Even if you are a spotty teenager then surely the girlfriends parents are established people owning their own house who CAN afford an engineer?
Notwithstanding the fact that nobody mentioned any girlfriend, why do you persistently assume that everyone who lives in a house both owns that house and can afford to maintain it? People do fall on hard times Agile. :rolleyes:

Its much better to behave like a real MAN and not get involved and tell them that that they need a qualified CORGI to fix it!
WTF has being real, or being male, got to do with this?

If it was Weymouth then I am down there this weekend!
So you're still running that well used free advertising campaign then.

actually i am the girlfriend and i am only doing some reasearch to help out. i like the way all you men presume i am a man! the family i am doing this reaserch for can't afford an engineer, not all people are as well off as all you engineers that charge the earth just to look at a problem. and just because they have fallen on hard times doesn't mean they should live without.
:mad:
well thanks for all the help some of you have given me.

Gasguru said:
It sounds likely its illegal since your not registered.
actually its not illegal unless they touch the gas or anything to do with the gas. its fine to look at the other parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back