Ravenheat RSF 820/20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Ravenheat RSF820/20 combi boiler, I didn’t buy it, it was there when I moved in. Its been functioning well so far, but with a few hicups that I was hoping for some advise one.

1) The pressure gauage that has a note (must be kept above 1 at all times), during seldom use in summer has now fell below 1. I would like to know how to get it back to 1 or above ? What is an ideal pressure to have it ?

2) At the moment we just use the switch to the "tap" sign for hot water or to the "radiator" sign for both hot water and heating. How can I tell if the timer is broke ? And if it is, do I need an engineer to fix it ?

3) All radiators in the house are working fine, but recently the bathroom radiator is getting hot at the bottom and not at the top. The radiator has no release valve on top, only a pipe below with soemthing that seems to need a key or wrench to trun. This is all next to the water control turn valve for the radiator. Any idea on how to get this radiator heating up fully again ?

Many thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
1) The ideal pressure is 1-1.5 bar. The way to increase this is: Under the boiler there should be a braided silver hose with a valve on each end. You may need a flat head screw driver if it has no handle. Open the valve or valves if one at each end of hose and you should then hear water passing through the pipes and the pressure gauge should slowly rise/ STOP when pressure at desired BAR.

2) set the timer to come on, make sure the time dispalyed is correct and also turn the room stat up to call for heat. The boiler should then fire.

3) All rads should have a bleed valve at the top of the rad. It may be at the back hidden. If so. the bleed from this point. The fact that your pressure on the boiler is down will also have an effect of the heat in the rads. The cycle of increasing pressure then bleeding rads sholud be repeated until rads are full and pressure is correct. Always start with downstairs then up. You will find that downstairs is normally full.

Thanks

Nick

Hello, Many thanks for your advise.

Behind the radiators does have a little square screw-like cap I never noticed before. When bleeding the radiators do I need a special type of key to open the caps or would normal plyers do ? Do I need to remove this cap entirely from the radiator or just slacken it from its place ? Does the heating need to be on or off ?

As for the timer, nothing is happening on the screen at all, its like a clock that has no power/battery supply.

Sorry if they seem silly questions, but I am only just learning about all this stuff.

Sponsored Links
You do need a special key that you can get from any hardware store etc. or even a neighbour. You only need to undo this valve slightly until air is released, then close when water arrives.

As for the timer you will probably need a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back