what valve is this??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have this valve controlling my central heating system:

Can you tell me what make model it is?
And if it has a SPST, SPDT switch or no switch at all.

Thanks,
Ben

edited to correct link, Ben you should also not tick "Disable BBCode in this post"

Sponsored Links
Its a Satchwell SD2301 I think if my memory serves me right and Sunvic still do a direct replacement as do several other manufacturers.

P.S DO NOT over tighten the screws if replacing or removing the head. Leave them just loose to allow the actuator to move on the body.
It will last three times longer believe me :)

It has a switch in the drive open position but is also drive close using yellow and white wires

Stan

I think it might be older than that, possibly now a SM4201 or SM4203 head. If you take the head off, the types will be stamped on both parts, if the plate isn't too rusty to read.

They made them with all combinations and permutations of switches and wires, too.

Note the nuts on the valve. They don't do them like that any more, so if you have to change the whole valve (ie if the spindle's leaking) it won't be a quick job, given where it is an' all.

Dead right about the screws Stan!

really... ??? excellent ive just slackened the screws on my danfoss valve.

and ,ill tweak the customers valves up a bit from now on with my lecky screwdriver..

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
I think it might be older than that, possibly now a SM4201 or SM4203 head. If you take the head off, the types will be stamped on both parts, if the plate isn't too rusty to read.

They made them with all combinations and permutations of switches and wires, too.

Note the nuts on the valve. They don't do them like that any more, so if you have to change the whole valve (ie if the spindle's leaking) it won't be a quick job, given where it is an' all.

Dead right about the screws Stan!

Your right Chris SM sound more accurate. As far as original post you can get internals and plate for them save undoing the old connections

Thanks for the info.
I'll take the cover off and have a look.

BTW. Where are the screws?

Repair kits are available for these valves, which allows you replace the spindle (if its leaking) without removing the body.

Dont drop the paddles into the pipe though!

David

There's summat I didn't know. :D
Here they are:
http://www.sunvic.co.uk/ps.html

The 1604 is for the three port version which would have saved me a lot of work on the old MK body in front of me, which took an age to change.

Can be as fiddly as hell to change though!

A few pumps have been removed in their time to retrieve a paddle. :evil:

Diy dude your valve is probably old enough to not have the screws on top at either corner of the valve and has two nuts which spin off behind or underneath depending how you look at it.

Unfortunatly if this is the case you will need to replace the internals and plate as a new actuator will not fit on the old body.

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back