Ideal Icos Boilers - are they as good as Vaillant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reading the topic about Alpha boilers has made me think again about my plans. I've been considering having fitted a Vaillant ecoMax pro boiler because of the positive reports I've seen on the make. However my installer says they have switched from Vaillant to Ideal and want to use an Icos High efficiency condensing boiler.

Has anyone any experience or comments about Ideal?

Sponsored Links
Too many scary stories about Ideal faults recently. They would be a long way down my list now, with Vaillant very near the top.

Precrown said:
Reading the topic about Alpha boilers has made me think again about my plans. I've been considering having fitted a Vaillant ecoMax pro boiler because of the positive reports I've seen on the make. However my installer says they have switched from Vaillant to Ideal and want to use an Icos High efficiency condensing boiler.

Has anyone any experience or comments about Ideal?

Get a new installer who will put a decent boiler in which doesn't have problems with diverter valves, sumps rotting, and condesates blocking oh and circuit boards going ever ten minutes.
Also is he charging any less for putting a boiler in that is half as much as the Vaillant??

I fitted one in August, recently the diverter valve motoraised head sprung apart. I had to get Ideal to it.

Apart from that they are a pain in the neck to repair because of the joker who designed them.

What was it about the Alpha that drove you in this new direction?

Sponsored Links
Ideal better than Vaillant? You are having a giraffe - or rather, your installer is.

JB Gas said:
Ideals are sh**e

yep

We have installed over 150 Icos and have had to replace about 25% of them

We now only fit worcester Bosch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back