Fitting toilet questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks!

I have just removed my downstairs toilet so i can fit the new one. I have a clay waste pipe set in concrete. When i removed the old toilet i noticed that there was a collar that sat in the clay pipe and the toilet waste sat inside this. On my new toilet i am using a 90 degree waste pipe that appears to be able to fit straight into the clay pipe without the need of this collar. Is this ok to do and what are the advantages of fitting this collar? (i am calling it a collar because i don't know what its called???)

Secondly, there are no screws supplied to fit the pan and cistern. The cistern will be going onto a solid brick wall, the pan into concrete (via ceramic tile). Are there any special screws i have to use so i don't damage the toilet when tightening??

Cheers in advance!!

Tom

Sponsored Links
You can cut off the collar with an angle grinder if you like (or drill lots of holes in it and break it away)

Yes you can get screws with plastic under the heads. Old method was to use tap washers under the screws!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back