Baxi 105e Hot Water Scaled up HE? Any comments?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted a few days ago that my Baxi 105e was not heating water quick enough any more and was not getting above 40 degrees. I have now tried with tap running slowly and it does get red hot.

One suggestion from the forum is that its a scaled up HE, i dont live in a hard water area and the boiler is not even 2 years old. Does this seem acceptable?

And if so how is this remedied?

All advice appreciated.
:D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Bigno. Yes your plate HE is probably blocked. It only takes a very small amount of debris to block approx' 24 grammes.
You could take out the HE and clean it out. Kettle descaller and a rubber hammer is a good way. let the descaller lay in the HE for a while then beat the thing with a rubber hammer. Repeat as needed. You'll be amazed how much comes out. Then go and treat yourself to a Magnaclean.
alternatively call the original installer and get them back. 2 years is not great. BUt if they didn't flush and old system I suspect they won't come back for free........... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back