Worcester 24 CDI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been to a job, complaint was hot water switching off when cold tap opened.

They also said the problem has only started since the waterboard changed the stopcocks, and since then the pressure has dropped

I tested it, and when hot tap is open, rod pushes out and hits microswitch. With cold tap opened, hot water tap pressure drops and rod goes back in, thus switching boiler off

Could it be worth changing the diaghram or is it pressure related?

Also, how does a worn diaphram stop the rod pushing out? I cant get my head round it? As you may have guessed, I havent been doing this long!!

As always, thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Just read about a dhw flow restrictor on this boiler.

How does this work and why would you have this?

Thanks

it becomes perforated. i.e weak and possibly mynute holes. it would still operate the spindle however the spring acting upon it is stronger.
if it splits then there's little or no movement at all from the spindle.

the restrictor is to reduce the flow rate to what the boilers spec and temp rise should be

So going on what Ive said, would you go for the diaghram or flow restrictor?

Does it make sense that the diaghram would work without cold water demand, but fail (or be less effective) with a cold water demand?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Also, do you think there could be a link to the stopcocks being changed and a loss in pressure?

Customer said that cold water seems to now have more pressure and hot water less

diaphragms are activated by the amount of FLOW not pressure. seeing as there is as you say quite a significant difference of flow between hot and cold then yes it would indicate a blockage somewhere, meaning not enough flow is being put through the boiler.

isnt it a combination of both....flow and pressure?

So do I go for the dhw flow restrictor then?

Thinking about it, the customer also said that at the time of the stopcocks being changed, they had a lot of particles coming through the taps......could it be that they have blocked the dhw flow restrictor?

Thanks a lot for your time btw

flow regualator but could possibly be the inlet filter which is located in the actual flow switch, where the cold water enters it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back