Hoover HDV6 Tumble Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Hoover HDV6 Tumble Dryer. It works great apart from the fact that the ON/OFF switch won't stay in. This stopped working about 6 months ago. I use some tape to keep it pressed on. Is there a replacement switch I can purchase and how difficult is it to install. I'm an Engineer so I've got an understanding of this type of thing I just need some guidance on where to purchase a replacement switch (if that's what's required) and guidance on fitting if possible.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Local repair shop can get the switch for you. You'll need model and possibly serial.
Take the lid off, have a look and it's pretty obvious how to fit.

Thanks for that Sleepyhead.

When you say 'take the lid off'. There are three screws at the back of the dryer at the top. Do I unscrew them and the top will come off?

Thanks again.

With those screws removed, you might have to slide the top forwards or backwards to free it from the tongue and groove devices that keep it in position.

Sponsored Links
3 screws out and the rear plastic part comes off then the lid has to be fully slid backward, it's in two runners the full depth of the machine.

Many thanks. I'll have a go at it next week (too busy this week!).

Thanks again. I'll let you know how I get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back