Zanussi FL1081 motor control problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The machine goes through the complete cycle and the clothes are washed properly. However, whenever the drum is required by the controller to turn slowly in a clockwise direction, the motor tries to spin up very fast for approx 1 sec then it slows down to the required speed. The drum rotates anti-clockwise perfectly. I read somewhere that there is a tacho generator on the the motor to send a feedback signal to the controller. Is this associated with the problem and is there anything I can do about it?

Sponsored Links
no idea about your m/c but i doubt its the tacho.

i changed a motor on a m/c once because as soon as any motor action was required it went into spin speed. (amusing to watch) I was new and had never seen or heard of a broken / missing tacho magnet.

so i am thinking that if it is the tacho or its magnet, it will want to run at spin speed all the time. my guess is motor control board

What about a dirty armature? If the controller wants the motor to start turning at a slow speed and the motor fails to turn initially, the controller would instantly send more current to the brushes (which are quite new). The motor would then spring into life but at a very fast speeed, so the controller then slows it down to the required speed. There is a lot of black deposits on the floor under the motor.

Sponsored Links
You're answering your own questions here.
Have you checked and cleaned the armature? From the description you give of the fault it sounds like a problem with the motor and/or motor controller.
There's always a lot of carbon dust inside these machines (and a lot of others).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back