Baxi 105 E Instant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys im giving this one last go My Baxi 105e Instant pressure gauge is going off the clock when the CH is on and venting out through the prv there is 1 bar in the expansion vessel and the plate heat exchanger is not passing water and the filling loop is disconected. guys please what else could it be that is making the pressure rise so much? im at the end of my tether and fed up of spending money on it. am i missing something simple ? Cris

Sponsored Links
Are your rads warming up :?: underneath the boiler make sure the CH valves are fully open. Turn the cold inlet valve off under the boiler and turn CH on, what happens now

hi rads are getting hot and flow and return valves are fully open i will turn the cold valve off tonight and try that. whats your thinking with that one?

Just in case water is mixing somewhere inside the boiler (uncommon but not impossible)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Gigz could it be the water store that is connect to the expansion vessel ?. Only trouble is there is no water in the expansion vessel so the diaphram is still intact

Would'nt think so, if your filling loop is disconected the only way your pressure guage would go up is by a short curcuit inside the boiler, and i thought maybe the CH valves were closed as this would make the CH water expand and boil

What difference will close iso valves make to boiler pressure? While it is not the done thing, I cannot understand how boiler pressure will rise from 1 to 3 bar, just because the isolating valves are closed.

Suspect faulty expansion vessel.

I have thought it was the expansion vessel from day one its just that there is no water in there and the fact that when cold and system drained the vessel still has 1 bar in it. ill order new expansion vessel and see how that goes mabye its just not working properly Thanks guys

rob884 said:
fitz1 said:
try and clean the pipe out that leads to the ex vessel.

99% that it wil be this

I doubt it on this model as it uses the exp vess as a heat store for the instant hot water feature.

Is the instant feature turned on and working.

What difference will close iso valves make to boiler pressure? While it is not the done thing, I cannot understand how boiler pressure will rise from 1 to 3 bar, just because the isolating valves are closed.
because if iso valves are closed pressure would build up as heat would not be dispersed

scatmanjohn said:
rob884 said:
fitz1 said:

99% that it wil be this

I doubt it on this model as it uses the exp vess as a heat store for the instant hot water feature.

yeah pre heat is on and working fine i only have a problem when the CH is switched on and the pressure goes around to 3 bar then when it then goes cold the pressure gauge goes down to 0. When drawing hot water the preesure is fine

scatmanjohn said:
rob884 said:
fitz1 said:

99% that it wil be this

i withdraw my statement :oops:

rob said:
i withdraw my statement :oops:

Not so hasty perhaps, could be something around that. It's a flow-through thing isn't it, with check valves presumably. If something was stuck or blocked....? :confused:
Would need chin-scratching!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back