Baxi 105 E Instant

Well guys i've put a new vessel in and cleaned the pipes to the vessel and it hasn't made any difference the pressure is still going all the way around from 1 bar to 3 bar then venting WHAT NEXT ? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
:idea: Is the x.p wessel large enough for the system?.How large is the system ?

Baxmax said:
:idea: Is the x.p wessel large enough for the system?.How large is the system ?
Hi Baxman It only a 2 bed flat with 7 rads and the boiler has been in for 18 months and worked fine until last week.

Sponsored Links
My problem is the pressure keeps going down. Maybe we should swap pressure vessels...

The pressure vessel only has water flowing through it when the HW or preheat is on. The central heating bypasses the pressure vessel. (Although it's still connected and acts like a normal pressure vessel would)

When you say your vessel is 1bar - that's with the boiler drained of water right?

Other possibility is air in the system itself - check all the radiators are fully bled. You did open the automatic air vent on the pump when you refitted the pressure vessel too??

Hi steveo, Yeah the PV is 1 bar when the boiler is drained and I have bled the system but I have now noticed that the problem only happens if I turn the thermostat up on the boiler more than half way, any ideas?
As for yours do you meen the system wont hold pressure or the PV wont ? if it is the system asuming you have checked the obvious have you looked for any leaks inside the boiler? the leak might be falling on a hot pipe and evaporating. also what about the PRV,it might be passing. or it might be like mine and the pressure is going all the way round to 3 bar then venting through the PRV
regards Cris

Well I'm still learning so don't ask me.

Two thoughts - does the boiler make any odd noises?

If it only does it when the thermostat is turned up then could the thermostat be faulty? Mine's at about 75% and the radiators are too hot to touch. Even at 50% they get hot enough to heat the house. I can't think of a good way to test it.

no there is no noises coming from the boiler and when the boiler stat is turned up full the rads work great ie good flow and return. its just the pressure gauge goes all the way around to 3 bar and vents out the prv. I only have 7 rads on the system but i want to add another two but i dont think at the moment the boiler can cope with it. thanks again steveo your imput is much apprciated
Cris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back