? External Expansion Vessel

Thanks for the all the replies guys - always pleased to be able to cause intellectual friction between professionals.

We live in a 3 story house but we don't use the rads @ the top of the house. There are only 7 rads in total ( 3 of which are hardly ever or never in use ). If it happens again I will try the coloured paper trick on the rad valves unless anyone has a better idea.

Oh..... and I put my central heating on because it's cold :confused: ! When the hell do you put yours on? - perhaps it's the soft southern blood that runs through my veins but I started putting it on last month :)

Sponsored Links
I've just had this done at the weekend, as my Potterton Puma 80's internal pressure vessel was knackered.

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/266-3525 was the vessel I ordered, and you'll need the 'fixing kit' (which is a tenner just for a bracket!). I couldn't find the correct connector in Focus DIY, it's a 1" screw thread thingy, but the plumber sourced one from Plumb Center.

Job took him about 40 minutes, and it's fixed below my boiler in a half width cupboard that I never used.

Seems to work fine - doesn't go above 2 and a bit bar, though I'm losing pressure when system is off which I suspect is because my pressure relief valve operated when the system first failed and apparently they never reset correctly.

Oh, the job cost me £150 plus the parts I bought, though this included a £80 boiler service (which I felt was due anyway). Much cheaper than the £1000+ for a new boiler, though I'll need one at some point as this Puma is probably on its last legs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back