how to dismantle an atomi... cast iron bath!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My granny has a cast iron bath... not a luverlee one wiv lions feet and a roll top... a nasty, chipped enammelled, ugerleeee heavy brute.... Prob is... its in 1st floor bathroom and I dont wanna wreck her ballustrades or her stannah stair lift gerrin the bleeder down (or come to think of it... give myself a hernia or two sets of broken tibs n fibs) shes banking on grandchildren ya see!!!

Will wallopping wiv an eveee 'ammer do the job or will it just giv me tinitus???? bloke down the pub reckons an angle grinder and about 1/2 a dozen spare wheels might do the trick. Either way, its gotta be broken up b4 it goes dahn vee apples n pears....

1 more q??? why av i gawn aaaaaaaaall cockernee??? im from Sheffield!?

ta folks!

Sponsored Links
I normally slide em down the Apples n pairs on their upper boat race after taking the grannies laps out [:confused: made that one up :confused: ] so unless you're going to take the gods gift [:confused: made that one up as well :confused: ] out you're cream crackered.
Its time for the FBH

Angle grinder would take forever and make a huge mess. They aren't that hard to break. Start by hitting near the tap/waste holes. You do need goggles. 20oz hammer is fine.

Sponsored Links
Just smashed mine to bits on Saturday, followed advice from here.

1. ear plugs
2. dust sheet
3. goggles
4. lump hammer

Then just hit the c**p out of it unti a bit broke off, that left a crack and I just followed that until it stopped. Then started on a new bit and so on.

Took around 45mins to break it up into managable bits.

Don't forget gloves as the bits are pretty sharp.

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back