Indesit w123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an indesit w123 and the other day it stopped working. When you put it on a cycle it fills up okay but when the drum tries to turn there is either just a humming noise that comes from the motor and the drum doesn\\\'t move, or the drum will spin fast for a few seconds like it is on a spin cycle. I tried replacing the brushes but the same thing happens and the old brushes didn\\\'t look that bad either anyway. I have also tried working the machine on just a spin cycle, everything seemed to be fine at first, but there is a bit of sparking from the motor and the next thing there was a noise from the motor as if it arced and the fuse box tripped.
I\\\'m not really in a position to buy a new machine , but am able to replace parts myself if I can find out what is wrong and don\\\'t want to spend money on parts that I don\\\'t need again, so any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
From your description it looks like the motor has had it's day.
If Indesit prices are still outrageous then you're going to be buying another machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back