Dulux Trade Vinyl matt patchy ceiling

mmm yes I was that thanks..... anyone know anything about Rich Matt? I can get it for a good price....

Is this my best bet?

Darren

Sponsored Links
No it isn't. I've used Rich matt on lining and it has a slight sheen to it.

I quite like it but it wont do for your problem.

Chalky? what brand? enough to do the whole downstairs.... as the walls are white too.

10L sizes? or only 5?

Please advise

cheers for this

Darren

Sponsored Links
Chalky emulsion is made by Laura Ashley. Also, do a search on Chalky Emulsion for other Makers. However, be carefull with Chalky Emulsion as it may 'Crocodile' if applied over non porous surfaces or even meduim-to-high non porous surfaces.

Thank you, I saw the colours but not pure brilland white.....id like to try this on the Ceiling, just a few square metres..to see whats its like.

Can anyone point me to some.

Many thanks

I had the same problem after using this paint. Three coats and still looking patchy in the same places. I was about to buy some Johnstones Perfect Matt and give that a go instead but the guy at the shop told me not to bother… the light was reflecting differently due to defects in the plasterwork underneath and no amount of paint would fix it. I did suspect that might be the case. Having shown him pictures he said that was def the issue. Only way to fix it would be to get the ceiling re-plastered.

I had the same problem after using this paint. Three coats and still looking patchy in the same places. I was about to buy some Johnstones Perfect Matt and give that a go instead but the guy at the shop told me not to bother… the light was reflecting differently due to defects in the plasterwork underneath and no amount of paint would fix it. I did suspect that might be the case. Having shown him pictures he said that was def the issue. Only way to fix it would be to get the ceiling re-plastered.
Be careful. The patchiness MAY be due to poor technigue/emulsion drying too quickly in the heat.

Wouldn't want you to re-plaster the ceiling if it doesn't need it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back