Boiler / Central Heating Insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am considering taking out insurance for my central heating and Boiler. Can anybody recommend a company / advise of any good service or bad experienced, and also the general monthly cost. My home has a Biasi Combi Boiler, under 1 year old.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Sponsored Links
Depending on the model you will have one or two years manufacturer's warranty. In addition you should have some kind of installer's warranty too.

Your boiler will be very reliable PROVIDING it has been properly installed and commissioned on a clean system. Was the Benchmark certificate completed? If so its unlikely anything in the boiler will fail within the next three years.

BG 3* service is about £180 p.a. and a total waste of money in my view for a properly fitted new boiler. Over three years you would have paid the cost of buying a new boiler.

In any case insurance does NOT cover problems caused by a dirty system which are the most common problems and usually caused by installers cutting corners.

It becomes better value with a boiler say four years old when the likelyhood of something failing is higher.

Tony

Why not put the money (that you will be paying monthly) into 'boiler repair account' and use it as required.

Can assure you, you will be in pocket.

Also look foir a GOOD RELIABLE engineer.

Service providers will have very good engineers and very bad ones. You will not know who you get until your boiler breaks down and nightmares start.

Get the boiler serviced regularly, get the engineer to show you how the boiler works (even though you may not understand any of it) and you will have an appliance that gives faithfull service.

Yesterday serviced a boiler I installed 13 years ago. Sometime ago the client (on say so of his daughter) went to blue van people. They then found to their cost that the vans were at their door regularly to try and effect repairs that were foxing them. The client is back in the fold and this boiler has plenty life left in it. Only thing that will kill it is lack of spares.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back