Triton Opal 10.5kw Shower (low Pressure)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have recently moved into a new house which as the above shower installed in it. When we moved in it worked fine, then it became intermitant.

The shower would be working fine, then the low pressure light would come on and shower goes cold, yet it still has a constant flow of water coming from it.

Over the last few days it has stopped running hot altogether and it just continually shows the low pressure light and runs cold.

Can anyone suggest a reason for this, or how I would go about fixing it?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
has any mains work been done in your area from late?does this happen when you have a washing machine or cold tap on ect?

Hi,

It can sometimes happen when a tap is run elsewhere, but at the moment even if the house is empty all day and I come home to use it, it doesn't work.

I got it working last night by turning the shower head to a more powerful jet. Could it be something simple like it needs a new shower head?

Sponsored Links
It might just need the head cleaning.
My Triton came with a plastic spanner to take the spray part to pieces.
It does fur up sometimes.

ah ha I wondered what that mad plastic thing was, must of been the spanner. Hope I didn't chuck it out.

I'll give it a good clean and fingers crossed thats all it is.

thanks very much for your help!

My Opal shower has exactly the same fault as you have described. Did cleaning the shower rose fix the problem?

[quotI have tried all your suggestions to make my Triton opal shower work, have even tried the manufactures who gave me the runaround resulting in no success.
I would appreciate all the help that I can get.

Thank you
][/quote]

Please create a new topic for your new problem.

There is a known fault with this shower. Do a search. Basically there is a control board inside the shower with a switch at the bottom. This switch is pressed by a piece of plastic that hits it when there is sufficient pressure. The switch stops working and Triton get to charge you for an engineer (£95 +VAT) or a new board (£70+ delivery). The shower only costs £100 to start with.
There are cheaper places to get a new board from, but the shower has a design fault, if you kept your receipt your OK.
I wouldn't bother fixing it as it will go again and with Triton still selling it with a known fault, I'd suggest getting a new shower from a different manufacturer.

i had the same problem with intermittent low pressure light, isolated the power and opened the unit to check the lever on the top of the inlet unit, it is as described as above. There is a small plastic lever which operates when the unit is turned on and rises on the plunger to make the microswitch for low pressure. It was sad to see that the lever has been almost designed to fail. There is a small section removed similar to a lightening hole. There is no reason for this to be removed other than to enusre that the plastic lever fatigues and fails over time, clearly evident as on mine you could see the plastic had whitened due to fatigue.

simples :D

Thanks MarkWat!

I spent over a week looking for a fix and was worried had to replace the whole unit! Can't believe Trident haven't fixed this fault yet after so many posts and people complaining about the poor quality of their electirc showers. It's simply poor design.

Problem: after a couple of years and with no changes to my home's plumbing, all of a sudden the shower started showing the dreaded 'low pressure' warning.
Result: no hot water - just cold.

Solution (5 min):
- switch off electric mains (health&safety)
- open the front panel
- disconnect the jumper connecting cable to front panel
- inser piece of paper/cardboard between microswitch (at the bottom-end of circuit board) and plastic connector (feeding the cold water to the shower)
- re-connect front panel
- switch-on mains
--> electric shower works a treat!

Note: you are following these suggestions at your own risk. Tampering the electric circuits and forcing the microswitch to work always, means that the shower will operate even when the pressure is too low. This perhaps goes against the manufacturer's specifications and may not be correct. Therefore I suggest getting a new shower from a reputable manufacturer whenever you get the chance!

Good luck.

I just went and bought a Triton Martinique after my opal solenoid went wrong.

AND IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE OPAL AND GAVE IT A DIFFERENT NAME!!!! SAME POOR DESIGN WITH THE MICRO SWITCH SET UP!!!
it's going back to Argos

Solution (5 min):
- switch off electric mains (health&safety)
- open the front panel
- disconnect the jumper connecting cable to front panel
- inser piece of paper/cardboard between microswitch (at the bottom-end of circuit board) and plastic connector (feeding the cold water to the shower)
- re-connect front panel
- switch-on mains
--> electric shower works a treat!

Good luck.

Hi - this sounded great advice, it is, but it didn't work! Running the shower with the front cover off, everytime it switches from warm-up to cold, there is a blue flash in the pcb, seems to be a realay switch playing up. Anything to be done?

A second qu - am worried about going for different brand as don't want major plumbing job, how will I know if the pipe will fit another shower? I went from an opal to a bewitch so my partner could install it as no plumbing was required!!

common fault on the opel showers.
if your number on the pcb is 7073333 a new pcb is needed.
these suffered this common fault due to the soldering on the pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back