no more nails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there will no more nails hold a telephone point on the wall as i do not like drilling holes and when i have four back boxes to put on they never seem to go on st8 when i use screws.

Sponsored Links
Yes, but use gripfill instead, why don't you like making holes, it's a great excuse to buy power tools (as if you need an excuse!)

mylittlehouse said:
hi there will no more nails hold a telephone point on the wall as i do not like drilling holes
Gripfill are good for this
images

i have four back boxes to put on they never seem to go on st8 when i use screws.
They normally have a normal size hole and another hole slot for adjustment?

Sponsored Links
lol is that 'sticks like sh*t real'? If so, where can I buy it? :)

I actually bought 'no more nails' yesterday. Hope it's better or just as good as 'gripfill' because it sure cost a bit :confused:.

Tozzy said:
lol is that 'sticks like sh*t real'? If so, where can I buy it? :)

I actually bought 'no more nails' yesterday. Hope it's better or just as good as 'gripfill' because it sure cost a bit :confused:.

Totally genuine, Jewsons. Sorry, no, no more nails isn't very good.

lmao I thought you were all being sarcastic when I typed it in google and yielded no results!! Wow and I just searched screwfix and saw it advertised :eek: :eek:. What a strange marketing name for a product though :LOL:. Damn I'm gonna have to order some of this sh*t. Hmm, I wonder if it'll stick my shelf onto the wall :p.

Tozzy said:
Hmm, I wonder if it'll stick my shelf onto the wall :p.

there are certain jobs where mechanical fixings are a must. adhesives are only as good as the immediate surface they are sticking to. ;)

mylittlehouse said:
well i must say no more nails worked gr8 no problem at all.

adhesive will stick a shelf bracket to the wall no problem. but if the skimming happens to be loose in this area, any load on the shelf may bring it down.

without warning.

at least the patch of skimming will still be stuck to the bracket, but the 16th century vase will be bu****ed. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back