gloworm ultimate No Ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with this problem.Intermittently my boiler fails to ignite,the fan starts up,the igniter sparks but not gas appears to be present at the pilot.I have cleaned the pilot tube,and I have changed the pcb and checked all connections but to no avail.Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You need to electricially check if the gas valve is being powered to move forward with diagnosing the problem.

Tony

Thanks for the reply.What voltage should I expect to see at the gas valve?

Sponsored Links
Looks as if the the pilot solenoid is duff.Does anybody know if I can purchase one seperately or is it an integral part of the gas valve?THANKS.

justdave said:
Looks as if the the pilot solenoid is duff.Does anybody know if I can purchase one seperately or is it an integral part of the gas valve?THANKS.

I presume you do have 240 volts at the solenoid, but just check that the solenoid is open circuit before rushing ahead

the solinoid can be purchased on its own but the whole valve is virtually the same price . there is is only a tenner in it .

Which one is it?, is it the one with two solenoids in a blue box at the back of the valve?. There are 3 different gas valves used on the ultimate.

I was having trouble trying to test for the 240 volts so I disconnected the 2 wires and did a resistance test across the solenoid.At first the solenoid appeared to be open circuit but after a while it looked ok.I reconnected the 2 wires and all is working fine for now!This fault is intermittent but could now possibly work for 6 to 8 weeks without problem.
The gas valve is the one with 2 solenoids Ie pilot and main burner and the 2 solenoids are under a blue cover.........Thanks all for your help so far...Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back