Poor flow from new kitchen taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I recently fitted some new taps in my kitchen - lever type monobloc, with flexible connectors. Problem is that the flow is unsatisfactory. There was nothing on the box to say what the minimum pressure was, and I have a gravity system, with about a 3m head.
Is there anything I can do about the flow, or have I bought the wrong taps (i.e. are they most likely designed for a pressurised system)? Would the flexible connectors restrict the flow? The connections are screwed into the bottom of the tap and sealed with an O ring, not compression fittings.
Hope you can help, the wife is giving me grief!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Change the taps - most lever type ceramic insert taps will not work on low pressure.

Thought that might be the problem, although it is similar to the one I had in my old house, which worked perfectly. Mind you, these were a lot cheaper!
Thanks

Had a customer recently, they were considering a triflow sink tap from Franke (actually manufactured by others) but costing nearly £400.

Franke and the manufacturer would not provide any flow/pressure charts, all they would say is "requires high pressure".

Unfortuantely the tap manufacturers can't be bothered to supply accurate charts to give an indication of the tap performance - as a result thousands of taps are sold that don't do the job - lovely industry isn't it. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Know what you mean, how on earth are DIYers are meant to know what they need :?: At least the tap we have at the moment only cost a fraction of that one though...
Been looking on 'tinternet with the missus. We like the look of this tap: http://www.blanco.co.uk/test/spec.php?product_code=tblancoopera6000 and it looks as though it should work! We have pretty good pressure on both the hot & cold in the bathroom, so should be as good in the kitchen.

Well it says a minimum of 3 meters water head but doesn't say the flowrate so its anyones guess as to how it will perform.

If the kitchen is downstairs and the cold tank in the roof hopefully it will be OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back