door locked and light on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i put my hotpoint aquarius machine on...went away...heard a bang...came back and it wasn't working...replaced the fuse...it then went onto the cycle and appeared to finish. trouble is, the door lock light is still on, despite the cycle being over, and i can't the door undo, even if i turn off the mains...any ideas? many thanks

Sponsored Links
It sounds from the symptoms you describe that the door interlock has firstly gone short circuit blowing the fuse and ended up open circuit with the interlock in the closed position replacement door interlock switch required.

many thanks indeed

i now seem to have the problem of the washing not filling up with water and washing!

Sponsored Links
Depending on what actually happened with the door lock it's possible that the fault has also damaged the pcb.

no, the problem with the door has not been resolved.

Does the door lock light now come on when you close the door before selecting your programme. If it does not check the door interlock has been fitted properly, failing that as sleepyhead suggested a possibilty has been a surge through the pcb causing damage when your lock went short circuit although because your prograame went through a wash cycle and completed it after you replaced the mains fuse it would have possibly indicated the pcb ok at that point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back