Double oven and Ceramic Hob instalation help!

TDF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!
I\\\'m about to gut my kitchen the oven is a free standing three ring jobie with oven and serapate grill in F(old school ;-} ) I\\\'ve had a new up todate fuse box installed with RCD\\\'s etc, The cooker is runing from a 32 amp trip and cooker switch on the wall.

My new double over is rated at 5.0-5.5 Kw and the hob is 5.8Kw. The instalation guides so i can connect it to the cooker point. With the high KW it doesn\\\'t sound good!
Any help would be good!

Sponsored Links
You could do with 2 circuits for that lot, both 32A radials. You should have spare capacity if your CU is new.

Yep thought that was going to be the answer, I got 2 blanks and a 16amp i can remove from the old water tank that has been removed since the box was installed! Oh well better get a sparky in so i don't fry myself!!

Sponsored Links
You are best installing two circuits - most sparks these days allow flc when designing circuits.

However, the regulations allow you to make use of diversity - the fact that it would be unlikely ('cept at Xmas!) that everything would be on at once.

You take the first 10A, then 30% of the remainder, plus 5A if the cooker plate has a socket outlet on it.

Go on, I'll let you work it out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back