Indesit WI 121 - all programs stop dead after wash cycle?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, hoping someone can help here....

M/c is an Indesit WI121 and is a year and two weeks old ( :mad: typical!-but there is an extended 1yr John Lewis warranty on it so not all bad)

It is accepting programs normally but will only run through the wash cycle. When it gets to the rinse / drain cycles after 30 mins or so, it stops dead and the LED does nothing - so no fault code.

The m/c is full of water, and it's warm, so heater etc is OK, but I have to wait quite some time before it will appear to power up again and I can reset the m/c to run a manual drain or spin.

Opened the pump inspection hole and all seems OK, nothing obviously jamming it / blocking it and impeller looks to be spinning normally. The machine is pumping as I can manually drain it. It's the stopping dead, appearing to cut power and doing nothing after the wash cycle that is puzzling me!

Any ideas / suggestions gratefully received!

baz

Sponsored Links
You can drain a machine manually even if the pump is jammed or broken.
If the filter is clear and there's no coins/debris in the pump then take advantage of the warranty. Take it to bits yourself and you'll probably invalidate the warranty

Sorry Sleepyhead, should have said I could drain the machine using the "drain" function on the control dial. In that instance it reads like I was manually bailing it with a tea-cup and saying that the pump was OK ;)

In any case, gave Indesit a call on monday morning (as I was inside the extended warranty period) and an engineer came out in the afternoon, so that was pleasantly quick!

It transpired that the control PCB and EEPROM required replacing, so I am glad that the warranty picked up the bill for that little lot and the machine is now running normally again. I wasn't given a plausible reason for this occurring and as the m/c is just over a year old find it strange that this has occurred. EEPROM's are normally fairly robust and it's not like the M/c has been exposed to any extreme conditions? Anyone know if this is a problem with Indesit machines alone, or have I just been unlucky? :)

Extremely common problem.
Reason you needed an eprom is the original board has a soldered in eprom, the replacement board has a plug in one.

Sponsored Links
I've just had similar problems with the same model machine, also bought from John Lewis. Mine is 6 months old. Engineer came out and had to order new control board. Didn't turn up 2 weeks later - when I phoned he said part hadn't arrived. He turned up again [after 4 weeks total] changed board and machine now wouldn't pump. Then he changed pump - still no good. Now he says he has ordered another board, which will take 2 weeks to arrive, so he will return next week, 6.5 weeks after first reporting it.
Complained to Indesit and John Lewis, and they have done nothing.
Indesit piece of crap :evil:
I wish I'd bought the John Lewis model for extra £100 now - apparently they are zanussi machines and more reliable.

Complained to Indesit and John Lewis, and they have done nothing.
Indesit piece of rubbish :evil:

I'd write a letter of complaint to John Lewis rejecting the goods as being unfit for purpose. Give the citizens advice bureau a call, they'll help.

As for Indesit being rubbish, I have to disagree.................. rubbish is more useful. :p

i'd write a letter of complaint to John Lewis rejecting the goods as being unfit for purpose. Give the citizens advice bureau a call, they'll help.

under the 1979 statuary rights act (these cannot be over ridden by company policy) if the goods are faulty with in six months you have the right to a r,r or an r these are a refund, repair or replacement -the choice is up to the consmer not the company.
if the goods are faulty after six months you have to give some proof that the machine has become faulty due to no fault of your, many dont quibble with this as many devices are non repairable

i'd write a letter of complaint to John Lewis rejecting the goods as being unfit for purpose. Give the citizens advice bureau a call, they'll help.

I bet they will laugh if the OP tried. bazza75 only asked nearly 2 years ago

welcome to the forums but do check the date a post was made before you post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back