Help Pls: Wiring new extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to replace my ceiling extractor fan in bathroom and have bought same model. VentAxia 100XT.

The cable from the plug splits into blue, red and yellow.

The new fan colours are grey, black and blue. Two of the inputs are labelled L and N.

Can someone pls advise on which wire from the plug goes where.

many thks.

Sponsored Links
ask where you got it , read the instructions or ask ventaxia. or look on their website

StuartR said:
Two of the inputs are labelled L and N
you mean two of the aformentioned coloured wires?, which two? is the other one labled?

and whats this about a plug? -is the fan currently plugged in a socket? or wired to come on with the bathroom light? (if so:) did the old one stay on when you turned the light off?

thank you for your reply. THe L and N labeling is on the plastic frame of the new fan in front of where the wires would be insterted.

Sponsored Links
sorry i was editing when your were answering. so you mean the wires plug in to this part via a plug specifically for that fan?

Most likely L=red N=Blue and the yellow goes to T in the fans connection, Thats the most common connections ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back