boiler/condensate leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
just had CH fitted and have a problem. have a water leak under boiler which appears to be from the condensate pipe. my problem is plumber has,effectively, "done a runner" with the cash and refuses to honour his guarantee etc.
anyway,I can`t get another plumber to come round and take a look cos the jobs to small to bother with,so I`m stuck with trying to do it myself.

the condensate pipe from boiler goes into a slightly larger open pipe which then goes thro` a 90" elbow and out of wall (straight pipe,no trap)to another open 90" elbow which takes it down to the drain.

Is this the right set up? open pipe at boiler end appears to be problem.I thought maybe lack of downward angle on pipe through wall could cause water to flow back,but I`m not too sure.

Don`t want to start doing this myself if it`s gonna turn into a bigger job than expected.

any help is much appreciated

cheers.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the tube from the boiler goes into a tun dish? and it is this which is leaking?

may just require a 'smear' of solvent weld. not entirely correct but theres so little flow through the pipe it doesnt really matter. he may have just pushed them together and thought it would be alright

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
Do you mean the tube from the boiler goes into a tun dish? and it is this which is leaking?

may just require a 'smear' of solvent weld. not entirely correct but theres so little flow through the pipe it doesnt really matter. he may have just pushed them together and thought it would be alright

thanks,I`ll try that.

chris,corgi are in the process of kicking him out.mine was the straw that broke the camels back

this is very easy task .. remove wot he has done .... and replace it take ur time ... the pipe work outside should be 1 1/4 min and a fall of min 2 inch every metre or something like that check the book . also 3 metres max on the outside.. do not run 22mm plastic on the outside ..

the most important statement on this thread is "plumber"

Always make sure you use a corgi registered gas fitter and ask to see thier Corgi ID card

I`d be ring trading standards , corgi and a corgi registered gas fitter to get them to check the installation and make sure its all ok , was the benchmark completed ? worcester won`t offer any warranty on the boiler if it hasnt been installed as per thier instructions

Arf

2face said:
this is very easy task .. remove wot he has done .... and replace it take ur time ... the pipe work outside should be 1 1/4 min and a fall of min 2 inch every metre or something like that check the book . also 3 metres max on the outside.. do not run 22mm plastic on the outside ..

it`a a 5 metre run on the outside

arfurrrr said:
the most important statement on this thread is "plumber"

Always make sure you use a corgi registered gas fitter and ask to see thier Corgi ID card

I`d be ring trading standards , corgi and a corgi registered gas fitter to get them to check the installation and make sure its all ok , was the benchmark completed ? worcester won`t offer any warranty on the boiler if it hasnt been installed as per thier instructions

Arf

corgi have been.left a list of faults but he ignored them.benchmark wasn`t completed ( i found this out off the corgi guy)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back