Potterton Profile 100E tripping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can anyone help me?
I have a Potterton Profile 100E, it's about 12 years old. I drained the CH system about 2 weeks ago to give it a clean. I refilled it and bled all the radiators. The boiler started fine and the system heated up, the next morning the boiler reset had tripped, this has happened more frequently over the past week and today the boiler only fired up for about 5 minutes before the reset tripped, I reset it and 5 mins later it tripped again.
Can anyone suggest what might be causing the problem please?

Sponsored Links
Did you bleed the pump?

What setting is it on?

Did you bleed ALL the points on the pipework?

Try turning the thermostat down for the moment.

Tony

Hi Agile

Thanks very much for the speedy response, I did fit a new automatic air valve (I'm not sure of the correct terminology) to replace the one fitted close to the boiler and some thermostatic valves to the bedroom radiators. I haven't done any of the things you have suggested, the boiler thermostat has always been set to max but I will turn that down and bleed the other points in the system, could I ask how to go about bleeding the pump?
Many thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back