Vokera Linea 24 switching off on its own....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we keep waking up to find it switched off. it's the little switch in the middle of the dial. it definately isn't any of the family. what i would like to know is, do these boilers have some sort of automatic switch off, and does this mean we need our boiler looked at?

thanks

Sponsored Links
well, we put a little piece of sticky tape round the door last night to check it wasn't a ghost

No it does not have anything to turn it off!

Does anyone sleepwalk?

Or have you upset anyone there lately.

Or is it your "cry for help" by turning it off just to confuse yourself?

I have encountered them all but its usually tenants with a crusade against the landlord because they are about to be evicted for not paying the rent!

Tony

do you imagine a ghost would open the door. :confused: they can go straight through it. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
There us a problem with these nobs in that the shaft breaks, but as Tony says what is happening to your boiler has to be by external influence.

I think he is on about the little switch in the middle of the mechanical timer.

I think.

Well spotted John!

I wrongly thought he was talking about the selector switch between the two knobs which break their shafts.

The mechanical timeclock could turn itself OFF instead of ON if the detents on the tiny function select slider was worn.

Its NOT designed for daily use!

It will probably have to be replaced! Probably about £44 to buy.

Tony

yes i can confirm it is the little switch in the middle of the dail. many thanks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back