copper pushfit underground??

The word is "procede". You are as bad at spelling as your proposed plumbing methods. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It wont corrode, it wont have any joints that leak, pushfit, easy to fit, ideal for the job/DIY. Better to be safe than sorry eh ;)

thank gigz for your posts
you picked up on the fact that i need to make connections and what is the best method which you told me

as for denso tape apparently it melts with heat, great advice that is plumbers

:LOL:

You could use garden hose. No joints underground and the connections can be done with Jubilee clips so you can tighten them if they leak.

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
You could use garden hose. No joints underground and the connections can be done with Jubilee clips so you can tighten them if they leak.
:LOL:

comic genius

could use a garden hose

Denso tape does not melt at heatng temperatures.
The hairy stuff is called Celafelt.
If you bury any pipe direct in concrete expect the joints to come apart.
Pushfits in concrete :eek: ? Might as well concrete in your stop cock while you're at it :rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: There was something about it that niggled me, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks :oops:

oilman said:
The word is "procede". You are as bad at spelling as your proposed plumbing methods. :rolleyes:

What sort of pompous idiot corrects someone on their spelling, then doesn't have the sense to check the word they've corrected is now correctly spelt? :oops:

To the original poster: Please don't use pushfit in the concrete, if you must join the pipes consider soldering the joints, it's more effort now, but you'll be sorry when the pushfit starts leaking under your fancy new floor.

toasty said:
What sort of pompous idiot corrects someone on their spelling, then doesn't have the sense to check the word they've corrected is now correctly spelt? :oops:

Someone a bit like you I should think, who manages to say something that has been said before instead of something new.

ok no push-fit connectors! as i've never soldered before i better use compression, pipes will be insulated like the existing pipework and i'll use ptfe tape at the joints also there is already joints underground albeit soldered near the radiator so plumbers do make joins underground!

When you've done the pipework, hire a hydraulic tester and test for leaks at 10bar, alternatively if you can find a plumber who has one (rather rare), get them to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back