Heating slow to shut down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Normally my boiler pump takes about 10 minutes to stop circulating after the heating timer goes off on the boiler, but since putting the heating back on this autumn it seems to be taking much longer (around 1/2 hour!)

Does it indicate anything like an imminent pump failure, or could the boiler be scaled up? I do live in a hard water area. The boiler is about 7 years old.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
or pump over-run stat faulty
or sludgey system
or someone turned your pump speed down
or an increase of flow through a bypass

etc

All to do with pump over-run and or hot primary water not clearing from your boiler and you havent even told us what make it is.

Just for fun I will take a stab in the dark and guess that its an apollo. Am I right?

Meanwhile It aint broke so dont fix it,
but its good that you are taking note so that when something does go wrong you can give plenty of info to help the diagnosis

I'm sorry for the lack of info. It is actually a Glow Worm Compact 79P. I know nothing about central heating or boilers (I'm only a woman after all :D ) and was just looking for some general advice on whether it was likely to be a symptom or warning of something serious.

The last time I had a problem with my central heating pump was in my previous house and it cost me £700 for a new boiler because the one I had was no longer in production and my plumber couldn't get spares for it.

Nobody's turned my pump speed down but I guess any of the other suggestions could be the case.

Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
Twas a little tongue in cheek :p

I'm actually more handy round the house than a lot of guys I know :D I can read maps too! And service my own car ;) I just draw the line at trying to service my own boiler!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back