fine cracks on walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The biggest issue i have with emulsioning in my house is cracks , hairline and bigger can anyone advise on good products / techniques that can help ! many thanks

Sponsored Links
what surface are you painting onto? -lining paper, bare plaster, old paint (matt or silk?) etc

My walls are all plaster that has been emulsioned over at various times so its just a case of changeing colours , but i would just like to get rid of hairline + type cracks , i mainly use mid sheen type paints .

for hairline cracks in the plaster i have used window putty before, and the polyfiller (or similar) for larger ones.

i dont know what others use?

Sponsored Links
sm1thson said:
for hairline cracks in the plaster i have used window putty before, and the polyfiller (or similar) for larger ones.

i dont know what others use?

For hairline cracks, is it necessary to dig out the joint into a V shape before filling or does this method only apply for larger cracks?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back