New lawn turning yellow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone can offer some advice,

I had new turf laid a couple of days ago and I have watered it as instructed but I have noticed that I have a number of yellow patches appearing.

Is this normal ?

If not, is it easily treated or should I be getting back to the contractor and asking him to take it up and start again from scratch ?

Many thanks

Tosh

Sponsored Links
sounds like animal p**s to me, sorry about being crude but an animal will destroy a newly laid lawn especially a female animal.
one solution is to remove all the dead grass and mix grass seed and compost together and spread evenly on the patches cover with a netting to help with the birds. :)

I had considered that as there were a couple of cats that used to hang around when the old turf was down.

I have noticed that there are also areas where there appears to be no grass at all, almost like the rolls of turf had parts of the grass missing !

Sponsored Links
it can sometimes happen with turf thats been rolled alittle too long before being laid. the fertilisers used on them can help to generate heat whist they are rrolled up killing the grass.

you can just patch in the areas that are dead with new turf. If it is where the cats have been then remove the soil underneath and replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back