shower trays ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into this house 3 years ago and it is 10 years old. A couple of months ago after some saving we decided to completely update our bathrooms ie rip out everything and start again. I thought this was going to be simple!!!!!

After being totally confused by alot of issues I am now really really confused about the shower trays. Firstly my floor is timber and the waste is under the floor. I have two shower trays one is rectangular and in a recess the other is square and in a corner. Both are stone resin and the outside height is about 15cm so we have to step in. Having been very dissatisfied with the durability of the stone resin I decided on either ceramic or steel enamel. I have young children so decided ceramic if hit very heavily by a large object might break and you know what kids are like!! Having decided on a kaldewei tray for both bathrooms I am now completely confused as to whether they can be fitted in my bathrooms and how the fitting works. I have rung the company and feel none the wiser. Don't understand how my shower tray is fitted at present and would really like a lower profile (but don't mind some step-in). It seems these Kaldewei trays have to go on either a polystyrene base (supplied by them) or you make a frame. How does that work and does that leave me with an area or polystyrene at the floor level that I then have to try to cover up which then gives me a floor that is higher than the rest of them in the upstairs? I would really appreciate it if somebody who is totally in the know about plumbing, shower trays and even better Kaldewei shower trays could help-i am desperate. ps you can check out the technical specs at www.kaldewei.com. Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back